10 reasons Nashikars can’t wait for winters to arrive
“Yay!! No sweat!! Only hot cliquey jackets to wear” is what we howl over and over again when winters are on its way… Winters are so exciting, especially in our beautiful city, Nashik. Cloudiness is what I see in winters all the time. You are frozen to death from the outside but on the inside, your 100 zealous nerves want to step out of the house to let that icy airs scrub your face. It is so cool to write on the mirrors of cars which are full of smog and to look magnificent with all fancy woollies on. Nashik puts up an fabulously classic view in winters and its fabulousness is transferred to the denizens of the city… So if the shorter days and lack of sunlight are getting you down, I’ll give you 10 exciting reasons to Nashikars can’t wait for winters to arrive as its that time of the year when the city looks like a queen adorned with her best jewels.
- No gluey sweat around :Thank god summers are over. Walking in a crowd in winters puts an impression of a monarch walking in a garden with beautiful fragrances savouring your nose. The smell of sweat is like someone is nattily pushing you into a well. It is moment of salvation when winters arrive!! Perfumes fragrances will finally be noticed.
2. Hot chocolate and lip smacking cuisines:It’s time to dive into the pool of hot chocolate and be all chocolaty!! Testing your taste buds with the most appealing delights is what winter offers you, thus celebrating the warmth of eating festival at home!! With all the besan ka laddus, sarso da saag and makki ki roti, matti and gajar ka halwa in your mouth, there is no air to gulp. Delicious soups, root vegetables and crucifers are the best foods to beat the winter blues. Yes it is colder outside and we need calories to stay warm. The bonus is that putting the oven on will keep you warm.
3. Sofa Sundays with a lethargic membrane:I love to laze around in loose pyjamas on my pet sofa. My mawkishness to be rooted to my sofa can never be punctured. It is a delight to lie dead on the sofa in winters for hours. You can enjoy working your way through a favourite boxed set, immerse yourself in a novel or bond with your TV.
4. Real fires:If you’re fortunate enough to have a real fire, you probably look forward for winter to arrive. Cuddling up with your beloved under a blanket in front of the fire is one of the nicest things of cold weather. Close the curtains and put on soft music in a room with dim lighting. How I expect the scene to resemble a Bollywood flick!! This is why I ardently wait for winters to arrive.
5. Scenic beauty:Nashik is exceedingly beautiful in winters. It’s heaven on earth kind of ick factor in winters here. Play with your camera on fresh mornings. The outline of parched trees with deep intense mountains at the background is like coddling into a reverie of dancing with Shah Rukh Khan on ‘humko humise chura lo’. Oh yes.. Nashik is a land of wild fantasies in winters.
6. Gorgeous clothes:There is so much gusto around you to open your dead-old closets; you had last touched a year back, to unpack your sweaters. Many of us probably already have some of these, but if not then you have a reason to shop till you drop for the latest trends this season. Winters gives you a chance to wear beautiful fur, lush velvet and warming winter woolies. Pull up your fancy stockings to pair them with your favorite boots. Look fabulous this winter with all your extra pounds under the wraps.
7. Evening walks in paradise: Hand in hand, head to head with your companion can add a little spice to your life in winters. Nuzzle up with your besties on a katta on college road or enjoy the cold breeze at Gangapur dam with your favourite jackets on, chit chat or gossip or simply take a walk on the road to paradise is what you can do this winter.
8. Be a socialite:Get out of your hibernation mode and pull up your sleeves for an exhilarating get-together. Shovel off that frill and fire it up!! Since it is chilly outside, why not invite your friends and family over a game night or a karaoke night or simply a movie at home. One of the best ways to beat the boredom in winters is to do it all together!! Let the get-together be a pleasurable moment for you.
9. Time to redecorate your house: Gyration of all the possible furniture in the house is a tedious job. So why not redecorate your house at the same time for a vibrant change. It will give you a new perspective on an old space, as well as open the doors of your creativity for more positive changes at home.
- Winter beauty on a silver plate: Take a peek at your skin in winters. Your skin might jump into the dry skin territory, so go shopping for the best moisturizer in the market to keep looking fresh-faced like it’s a spring time in a heartbeat. Scrape off all the dead skin with the beauty products or even beauty secrets by your grandma can help you glow your skin lusciously this winter. Eat healthy food to keep your skin fresh.
Like always, winters keep usoccupied with the most entertaining reasons to live on. Nashikars what are you for? Santa Claus is on its way. Buck up for celebrating Christmas and New Years this winter My zest for winters is rising day by day because I have ample of reasons to wait for exhilarating winters, like every passing year. What about you?
I was always an avid reader and was always keen on writing.
I am an optimist and a go-getter. I like to rely on my instincts majorly. Love to travel. Music is always on my mind.Comical and fiction stories interest me more than anything else.
I hope to make a difference with my writing!!
Latest posts by Aanchal Madan (see all)
- SSK: A Solitaire indeed!! - August 3, 2015
- False alarm of an unidentified bag sends jitters to Nashikites - July 29, 2015
- Nashik based Ashwin Kandoi developed a hi-tech entertainment app ‘Moovah’ - June 16, 2015