Best Things in Nashik: 5 signs that you carry a little part of Nashik in you no matter where you go
Nashik… My city!! Why is it so that I get that rock-solid kick of nostalgia whenever I leave this city, even if it’s for a day? I’m sure all my readers hymn the same chord when it comes to a recreational city like Nashik. Just like its trivial size, Nashikites feel snuggest in its close knitted bun whenever they are staying in its warmth. It’s amazing what magic spell some cities cast on you as soon as you step out of the city frontier. It’s an edgy-vibe for some!! So, we decided to bring you a list of 5 signs that you carry a little part of Nashik in you no matter where you go:
- Slangs of Nashik: However classy you want to put yourself up as, these hysterical slangs are slip of tongue for every Nashikite. With its “ek numberrrrr” language, you can use any “bhaaaapare” words to portray that you are a “kadak” Nashikite with a “maaj lela” sparkly smug on your face. There you go!!! That is how Nashikites speak?!?!? Join the bandwagon guys!! These slangs are an integral part of every tom-dick-harry belonging to Nashik and only they can understand the intensity of using them.
- Craving for its junk food: I don’t know what it is with this yummy breakfast food that we get in Nashik and not anywhere else in the world. Yes you are right!! I’m talking about stupendous flavour of Missal, served with its delightful extra rassa, pav and shev, where Poha is an add-on. Those mouth-watering chicken rolls from Roadside wraps and Kala khatta soda from Akbar soda are mind-tickling dishes that you never want to forget. Stuffing up with Momos and crashing at Puff n Rolls for its stupefying pastries is a daily routine. Now this is what our youngsters miss the most and lug a tub full of memories with them whenever they are in the universe. (Top 9 Fast foods & their Eating Joints in Nashik)
- Pheris and the Kattas: What we miss the most are the “pheris”, a term used by Nashikites to signify roaming around on our renowned, celebrated and legendary “college road”. College Road is the only road in Nashik where you’ll meet every baby, teen, hot singles, romantic couples and oldies in bulk. College Road kattas are the most comfortable seats to land on. Asaram baapu bridge, backwater or pnr are bang-on spots for all the lovy-dovy couples to dig up in their memory lane.
- Sip it up with wine: You got to flush out Sula Vineyards from your brains when you are sipping world’s best Nashik City Wine. Nahhhh… That’s not possible!! Sula wine submerges you in paranormal activities the moment you sip it. It captures your mind in such a way that you miss it every micro second of the clock, whenever you are in the world. Sula fest is the God of festivals for Nashikites. Every picture we capture travelling around the globe, forces us to bounce back at Sula fest pictures or any picture taken at Sula. Those fun elements at Sula are always a missing part from your puzzle of mind games.
- Trekking to discover its scenic beauty:Mountain top at Anjeneri is a paradise. Nashik is full of greenery everywhere. You miss the pleasurable climate of Nashik the most. Go trekking at mountain tops to discover heaven on earth. It’s a delight to be with cousins or friends at placid places in Nashik that adds a fun element to your memories which you want to carry with you wherever you go.
One Must Read : Top 5 Monsoon Destinations in Nashik
People of Nashik have this peculiar idiosyncratic feature that separates you from the crowd and proximately bonds you to the city whenever you talk about it. That is why Nashikites pompously say, ‘These are the best things in Nashik and why we love to call it home.”
I was always an avid reader and was always keen on writing.
I am an optimist and a go-getter. I like to rely on my instincts majorly. Love to travel. Music is always on my mind.Comical and fiction stories interest me more than anything else.
I hope to make a difference with my writing!!
Latest posts by Aanchal Madan (see all)
- SSK: A Solitaire indeed!! - August 3, 2015
- False alarm of an unidentified bag sends jitters to Nashikites - July 29, 2015
- Nashik based Ashwin Kandoi developed a hi-tech entertainment app ‘Moovah’ - June 16, 2015