Top 10 things that prove you studied in a convent school in Nashik
Students who studied in a convent school often have a sharp superiority over other non-convent students, be it command over English language or a few definitive habits inculcated from their Nuns. The distinguishing factor is that they prove themselves to be convent pass-out and leave a more lasting impression on others. You might be oblivious to this, but there are some peculiar things that prove you studied in a convent school in Nashik, which are:
- Irrespective of difference in God, you still pray like Christians.
- Visit to the school church was a ritual before any exam.
- You are allergic to wrong pronunciations and turn into a “Grammar Nazi”
- You still remember and hymn some of your school hymns and carols
- Cursive is the only form of writing everyone must have even after they pass-out of the school
- You often got confused when people asked you about father/sister because all you see in a convent school are fathers, sisters and brothers
- Principal of your school wore skirts and gowns
- The sight of a nun still scares the crap out of you
- Sex education class bottom line: sex before marriage = impurity = sin in the eyes of God
- But in spite of that, the morals you learnt at school have somehow stuck with you through all these years.
The “conventism” in you will never be inhibited from you no matter where you go and how you behave. It is cemented to you forever!! Lars Von Trier said ” That’s the great thing about entering a convent school; there are things that you simply can’t do, so you don’t have to worry about them” The morals, invocations, carols and mannerism will always be reminisced to the students of convent school. Amen!!
I was always an avid reader and was always keen on writing.
I am an optimist and a go-getter. I like to rely on my instincts majorly. Love to travel. Music is always on my mind.Comical and fiction stories interest me more than anything else.
I hope to make a difference with my writing!!
Latest posts by Aanchal Madan (see all)
- SSK: A Solitaire indeed!! - August 3, 2015
- False alarm of an unidentified bag sends jitters to Nashikites - July 29, 2015
- Nashik based Ashwin Kandoi developed a hi-tech entertainment app ‘Moovah’ - June 16, 2015