ELECTRICAL WORKS UNDERTAKEN FOR RS.2.26 CRORE IN NASHIK
The city is taking up numerous transformation plans and the recent one being the improvement of electrical works in Nashik. Due to the heavy rains in this monsoon, the electrical supplies faced troubles. It was earlier decided that in the end of monsoon the repair works will come in action.
Bids worth Rs. 2.26 crore have been invited to mend the traffic signals, light poles and other electrical works in the city. These tasks are supposedly to be undertaken by the private contractors enrolled with NMC. October 11 is the last date announced for filing bids.
Here is the list of electrical works to be implemented, repaired and maintained in Nashik:
- Total of 23 traffic signals in the civic body’s jurisdiction will be carried out by a private firm for Rs. 27 Lakh
- Octagonal electrical poles will be placed along the Aurangabad highway on the stretch from Aurangabad Naka to Nandurbar Naka for Rs. 1.11 crore
- Installing streetlights along Vadala Road for Rs. 20.66 lakh
- Installation of streetlights in the west division for Rs. 13.42 lakh
- Installation of streetlights in Makhmalabad for Rs. 7.80 lakh
- Acquiring digital time switches for the streetlights under the civic body’s department for 23.23 lakh
- Installation of decorative lights in and around Kalika Mandir for Rs. 6.88 lakh
- Special arrangements during occasions at Dadasaheb Phalke Smarak for Rs. 6.88 lakh
- Procurement of other electrical fittings in municipal corporation offices for Rs. 5 lakh
The officials plan to undertake the proposed works as soon as possible as the festive season is on its way. Most of the electrical works will be outsourced from the private contractors in Nashik.