Monsoons have arrived, muddy roads & traffic jams mark its arrival in the city, so head closer and enjoy the real beauty of rains, bubbling streams & lush greenery! The soil has spread its fragrance to refresh us after the scorching summer heat. This is the time to really go out and feel the bliss of Mother Nature.
But at the same time rain gets an array of infectious diseases with it. One should be aware of these problems so that one can take necessary precautions during this season.
Common Illness caused During Rainy Season
- General health problems include viral infections, Dengue, Malaria, Typhoid, Chickunguniya, Gastroenteritis, Conjunctivitis, Hepatitis A, allergies and colds and cough
- Body ache, fever and running nose are the most common health problems during monsoons due to cold and humid weather condition
- Food poisoning and contamination of food can cause Diarrhea.
- Leptospirosos is caused by bacteria that can be carried either by a man or some animal. Its severe form can damage kidney, liver, meningitis and respiratory failure.
- Chronic complaints like the respiratory diseases mainly asthma gets worse in this season.
- Rheumatic complaints start bothering many people after the first rains, Dampness is a factor which increase their pre-existing condition especially Rheumatoid arthritis, Spinal disorders, Frozen shoulder, Cervical spondylosis, lumbar spondylosis, Knee pains etc.
- High humidity levels and dampness increase the risk of fungal infections. Skin and nails are the main body organs, which are prone to fungal infections because of regular exposure to water.
- Keep your rain gear ready with you always whenever you go outside in the rains.
- Increase the intake of Vitamin C rich foodstuffs that help to drive away the cold virus faster by activating your antibodies.
- Have plenty of water which helps drain out all the toxins from your body.
- Do take a shower if you get drenched in rain to protect yourself from infections.
- Drink plenty of hot soups and warm drinks to save you from catching cold or infection due to sudden temperature changes.
- Be cautious about drying yourself properly when wet. Do not enter in an air conditioned room directly with wet hair, wet clothes etc.
- Avoid eating outside food esp. Juices and cold drinks with ice, ice creams, food from street vendors because contaminated food and water is the major source of infection in monsoons.
HOMEOPATHY IN MONSOON
Certain people find difficult to adapt themselves to the changing climate. The reason why few of us fail to resist certain ailments while others manage well in this environment is due to our immune system which defines our “resistance power to diseases”. People having a low immunity are more prone to diseases depending on their tendencies to get it.
So, get healthy and stay healthy using the goodness and this gentle touch of homeopathic healing which not only treats you for your disease but also gives a sense of well being.
[author ]Dr. Nisha Duseja (BHMS) Hitakrit Homeopathic Clinic, Shop no. 1, Nishir Apt, Pumping Station Road, Gangapur Road, Nashik- 422013[/author]