Nashik International Film Festival from tomorrow
Metro Foundation of India and Kalavaibhav have jointly organised the Sixth Nashik International Film Festival (NIFF) in the city from March 20 to March 23, informed festival organisor Mukesh Kaneri in a press meet recently. The festival which will be held at City Centre Mall’s Cinemax, will be inaugurated by film director Dharmesh Darshan (Raja Hindustani, Dhadkan fame) in presence of Marathi Chitrapat Mahamandal president Vijay Kondke, French actress Mariana Borgo, Elina Kazaan, Nagesh Bhosle among others. This year’s NIFF Lifetime Achievement award will be given to the veteran Marathi film actors Ramesh Deo and Seema Deo. The award function will be held on March 20 at Sula Vineyard. The Golden Camera award will also be given on this occasion. Actors, directors, film technicians from Nashik will be felicitated at the award function.
Various actors including Mugdha Godse, Ritisha Bhat, Mrinal Kulkarni, Girish Wankhede, Pallavi Patil, Rajkumar Udaysingh and others will be present for the inauguration. The film ‘Nabbe Every Second Count’ will be premiered on the occasion, informed Kaneri.
The films in this festival will be shown from 10 am to 9 pm at Kusumagraj Smarak during the festival period, informed Kaneri. The others present for the press meet included Ravi Bartakke, actress Dr Radhika Shukla, Boris Irsan, Sayyed Asif, director Sharadsingh Thakur and Nitin Sodi. NIFF Marathi awards will be given from this year for which 26 entries have been received. Meanwhile, a cinema workshop, beauty contest and other events have also been organised on the occasion.
– A platform for independent cinema movement and young Filmmakers.
– To establish Nashik as a place of worship for the cinema industry, to commemorate the origin of Indian cinema industry.
– To promote Nashik in Wine Business as Nashik being considered as Wine Valley of India.
– To promote Film Business activity.
– Developing “Nashik Film City” The Ultra modern film studios of international standards- as a new film industry destination.
– To set up Film Museum of Film Archives and collections in the home town of Dadasaheb Phalke.
Latest posts by Page3 (see all)
- Karni Sena activists detained in Nashik - January 27, 2018
- 21-Year-Old Nashik Techie Commits Suicide - March 17, 2017
- Have a look ofSu-30MKI (Sukhoi) at production line of Nashik plant - February 7, 2017