We all Know India constitutions bestows upon every individual Freedom of Expression. The fact that this Right is provided to us by Indian constitution is known to all but seldom utilized for the greater good of a city or nation in general. In a unique attempt to bring to the Prime Ministers Notice raging issues in Nashik and the country an organization in The City wrote the PM 100 letters.
Yes!! You read it right 100 letters to prime minister Mr. Narendra Modi.
On the occasion of Prime Minister Narendra Modi reaching the milestone of 100 days in power, Deolali Camp-based organization Gandhi Seva Dham has sent him 100 letters seeking the Union government’s attention towards issues ailing Nashik in particular and the country in general.”We have written a letter every single day for 100 days to the Prime Minister’s Office since Modi came to power to draw his attention towards the issues linked to the development of the country. We also laid out demands for a Nashik terminus and new trains between Nashik and Mumbai,” Bipin Gandhi, a member of the Gandhi Seva Dham and president of Rail Parishad, the Deolali-based NGO, said.
Some of the issues raised through letters include –
- Uniform law to all the religious organizations, be it temples, churches or masjids
- Stop implementation of Madhav Gadgil and Kasturi Rangan recommendations on environment as they have hidden agenda of supporting big land holders
- Access to affordable quality education
- Decongestion of Indian jails
- Ban on polythene bags in all public places
- London Eye model for round the clock CCTV monitoring of metro cities and portability system in digital access system (DAS) in cable network.
In formall Ceremony organised on 4th september These letters handed over MP Harishchandra Chavan and former MP from Dhule Pratapdada Sonawane, to hand over to Prime Minister.They have also put focus on the need of special trains between Nashik and Mumbai, extension of the Rajya Rani train to Mumbai instead of the Lokmanya Tilak Terminus and construction of terminus at Nashik to de-congest Mumbai, and starting inter-city trains from Nashik towards northern parts of the state
Page 3Nashik hopes after this unique initiative adequate attention is given to issues raised in the letters sent to the Prime Minister & Hopefully the winds of change