Nashik onlist of Top 8 cities which will be developed as Smart City, Nashik Smart City!
Latest posts by Page3 (see all)
- Nashik Dams Have Only 17% Water Left - May 10, 2019
- Earthquake felt in Nashik, Palghar - May 5, 2019
- SpiceJet plane veers off runway on landing; pilots suspended - April 30, 2019
The grandiose promise of building 100 smart cities has been part of Modi’s acche din vision from the outset. The Modi government has allocated Rs 7,060 crore (a little over $1.1 billion) in its maiden union budget to kick-start the smart cities project. The government plans to deliver three smart cities by 2019, all of which will be part of the larger project called Delhi-Mumbai Industrial Corridor (DMIC).As per the first phase of development 8 cities will developed, namely
- Ahmedabad-Dholera and
Wondering what will change if Nashik becomes Nashik Smart City? Imagine Nashik as a city where every home is connected to internet, gas, water and electricity via a smart grid. All citizens are linked to each other and to civic facilities in real time. The city uses renewable energy and its transport systems are controlled via central command centers to reduce traffic and pollution. In this city, there are no offensive smells, no noise, no dust, no heaving crowds. It is a smart city, the ideal city, It;s a Nashik Smart City.
Highlights of Smart Cities to be Built In India
- Computerized and Centralized Traffic Management,
- Real Time traffic information on Website,
- Centralized Traffic Lights control,
- Automatic Kiosks at Roads, Railway stations and Public Places,
- Computerized water management and control,
- Rapid Transit System, Public Transportation, Metro Trans,
- Pollution Free Cities, Proper arrangements for pollution control and
- 24 Hours Electricity.
The concept of Smart City is not unique to Japan. In Europe, the concept has been effectively adopted in developing cities and regions keeping in mind the needs of future.In India,we have similar projects GIFT CITY, being hailed as India’s first Smart City is already under development near Ahmedabad, Gujarat.In Bangalore, Cisco is working to set up a smart grid-based Education City, where all the utilities will be integrated with data.Outside Mumbai, the Lodha group has given IBM a contract to build all data systems in their Palava city project. Kochi has a special economic zone that seeks to replicate Dubai’s smart city project.