The big, fat Indian wedding only becomes fatter every passing year. But before you plan your big day, get a lowdown on the hottest fashion trends that are rocking the great Indian wedding bazaar this season.
Think of the Big Fat Indian Wedding and the three words that come to one’s mind are Band Bajaa Baraat. Infact a movie with the same name plays itself in one’s mind. We have witnessed the characters Bittu and Shruti run from pillar to post to execute that dream wedding. Indeed arranging an Indian wedding is a Herculean task. Even the most efficient person with the best laid-out and most detailed plans might experience a roller-coaster ride executing everything to perfection.
The wedding industry witnesses a whopping growth of 25 per cent each year coupled by increasingly demanding clientele, one which does not take mediocracy for an answer. Well, all the glitters may not always be gold in this vast market. But what would really set you apart really is your personal style statement and that’s difficult to replace.
Think of a bride and the first thing that comes to one’s mind is the look of God on her face. All innocence, love and happiness make her cheeks blush. The twinkle in her eyes can put a thousand starts to shame. Her smile makes hearts flutter. No wonder, the attire of a bride-to-be is an important element of her wedding day. All eyes will be on her and what she wears… right from her outfit to her jewellery to even the clutch she carries. So, for all you brides-to-be out there, here is what is in vogue for you this wedding season.
Brides today can experiment and combine different styles, designs, and colours to make their own fashion statement on their special day. Brides these days are quite discerning. They have an extremely clear picture about how they want to look on their big day.” Talking about the fashion rage this wedding season, Bittishares, The ghagra-lehengas are extremely popular this season. Also my clients love my experimentation with tricolours and even the mesmerizing neons.
Colours gift a wedding with vivacity and elation. Brides and lehengas have an eternal love story. W all know about the romance of the brides with extravagant lehengas. White and gold is one colour combination that is not only soothing to the eyes, but also seems to be a favourite with the fashion designers. Along with that, don’t shy away from experimenting with colours like popping pink, shimmering green, rust, or fantastic maroon. These can make you stand apart from the run of the mill brides this season.
Fresh colours like scarlet reds, lemon yellows, bold electric blue with silver elegant embroideries are piping hot colour trends. This season Brides should be experimental with their wedding dress with not only the colours , but also with the cuts. A flamboyant dramatic skirt ( lehanga) teamed up a short choli going into a jalabia is very much inn. Also shervanies & koties teamed up with big flared skirt is in (the Royal Maharani look ). Elegant & thoughtful embroideries have replaced heavy embroideries. Like the Designer’s quote ,”less is more.”
This is what the Indian bridal wear trends-colors and cuts will look like and be in vogue in 2014 Indian weddings?
- Colors: – We see a distinctive contrast between the warm and cool colors. Amongst the warm colors, we will see a lot of deeper darker tones of vintage colors like crimson, mahogany, bronze, rust and ash brown.
- Fabrics: – Rich velvets, textured brocades, chanderis, silks and georgettes with delicate embroideries will dominate this season.
- Cuts: – Fusion of a saree drape and a gown or a ply of jackets and waistcoats teamed with voluminous ghagaras, dhoti pants and even sarees.
Here are some tips for the brides shopping for their wedding trousseau?
1. Start shopping at least 6 months before the big day
2. Look around, try different cuts, see what flatters your body
3. Finalize your garment 3 months before the wedding
4. A petite person should not wear too much embroidery. She should go in for more volume and less embroidery while a person with a slightly bigger frame should go in for straighter cuts.
5. Don’t be afraid to try off beat colors like blues, purples and even off whites.
6. The must-haves for an ideal trousseau are a silver blouse, a gold blouse , a lehenga and a pre draped saree.
Thus, the designers today are breaking the mould of what the blushing brides should look like on their special day. Innovation with cuts, colors and patterns embracing a style are the golden keys to unlock the doors to your paradise. Now that the secrets are out all you brides can now hatch a plan to create that head-turner look.