NATIONAL URBAN HEALTH MISSION PLAN APPROVED
Demand to secure the health and safety of the citizens put forth by the Nashik Municipal Corporation (NMC) finally came into being after the approval of the Central Government. According to the proposal the set up of 17 primary city healthcare centers (PCHCs) and 3 new hospitals for Nashik’s National Urban Health Mission (NUHM) was demended. Nashik Urban Heath Mission (NUHM) is a central government scheme dedicated to the health needs of the urban poor, particularly slum-dwellers.
The NMC had sent a proposal of Rs 67.37 crore to the state government, which was forwarded to the central government. On Tuesday the proposal was approved, said the medical superintendent of NMC, Mr. D B Patil. After the approval for the plan, the implementation details of the plan will be sent by the 1st week of September and the project is expected to start by 1st October 2013.
The aim behind the scheme is to benefit the urban poor and it will cover near about 779 cities in the country having a population more than 7.75 crore people. The NMC has proposed that the hospitals should have a capacity of 50 beds and they need 427 officials and employees for the mission. The rough estimation of each hospital is up to 5 crore.
The Central Government will fund 75% of the mission and the remaining 25% will be financed by the State Government.