Top 10 wines you can gift from Nashik while you do your wine tour
You can always go for wine tour or wine carnival but why wait for a carnival to have wine when you are living in the Wine Capital of India, Nashik!! You also know Nashik is a place where travel and wine meet to create magic. We big headedly proclaim that Nashik produces one of the finest wines in India. but Don’t be astounded since our farmers know to grow good wine grapes and one cannot create good wine unless you have the ‘right tools’! With a myriad of wines available at your doorstep, tricky question is which wine to gift from Nashik? Don’t you worry child… We are at your rescue!! We have listed top 10 wines you can gift from Nashik, which is as follows:
- Chenin Blanc: Chenin Blanc is a white wine grape variety. If you are looking for a medium-bodied, crisp and fruity wine, Chenin blanc is the best option to gift. The best expression of Chenin Blanc as a dry wine is flavour of quince and apples. This wine is quite a surprise with a lengthy and expected finish. This wine is easily available at Sula Vineyards, York Winery, Vintage Wines, Mountain View Wines, Zamba Wines and Vallonne Wines.
- Sauvignon Blanc:Sauvignon Blanc is a green-skinned grape variety developing a crisp, parched and refreshing white varietal wine. Sauvignon Blanc when slightly chilled, pairs well with fish, cheese or sushi. Sauvignon Blanc, one of the premium wines, is easily available at all the Vineyards in and around Nashik.
- Viognier: Viognier is a white wine grape variety. This wine has the potential to produce full-bodied wines with a lush, soft character. It is well recognized for its floral aroma. Aging these wines will often yield in a very crisp drinking wine which is almost completely flat in nose. So the older, the better!! The highly aromatic and fruit forward nature of the grape allows Viognier to pair well spicy foods such as Thai Cuisines. It is only available at Sula Vineyards.
- Riesling: Riesling is a white grape variety, displaying flowery and almost perfumed aromas. Riesling wines are usually included in the “top three” white wines varieties together with Viognier and Sauvignon Blanc. Riesling is a versatile wine for pairing with food because of its balance of sugar and high acidity. This is a perfect white wine to gift on occasions. This is available at Sula Vineyards
- Merlot: Merlot is one of the world’s most recognized red wine grape varieties. This wine is easy to drink, especially for amateurs, mainly because of its softness. This wine has made it an “introducing” wine for new red wine drinkers. It is easily available at York Winery, Sula Vineyards, Chateau d’Ori and Vallonne.
- Late Harvest: Late Harvest is a sweet dessert wine, typical served with desserts. This wine is often similar to raisins, but has been naturally dehydrated while on the vine, leaving tiny amount of sweet liquor like juice within its structure. That is why it has a lip-smacking savor with all the wine lovers to flip from their seat. Now that can be chancy!! Be careful young ladies, especially who has a tummy equivalent to a barrel!! This wine is available at Sula Vineyards and York Wineries
- Rose: Rose is regarded as the ‘ladies drink’ because of its appealing taste, just like the ladies!! It is one of the oldest and safest known types of wine, as it has the most candid way of producing the wine, that is, with the grape skin. Its pink color can range from onion-skin orange to a vivid near-purple, depending on the grape varieties, just like its sweetness level. This wine is available at York Winery, Sula Vineyards, Chateau d’Ori, Mountain View Wines and Zamba Wines.
- Shiraz: Syrah, particularly known as Shiraz, is a dark-skinned grape variety primarily used to produce red wine. Shiraz is majorly used as a varietal and a blending grape, due to its fleshy, fruit mid-palate, thus, balancing the weaknesses of other varieties and resulting in a “complete” wine. Shiraz allows the wines produced from grape to have a favorable aging potential, which potentially improves the quality of wine. Its less-extracted styles may be enjoyed young for their red and blueberry characters and its smooth structure. This wine is best available at York Winery, who has an outstanding gold medal reserve Shiraz, aged in oak, to its name. It is also available at all other Vineyards.
- Cabernet Sauvignon: Cabernet Sauvignon is one of the world’s most widely recognized red wine grape variety. This wine is very bold and assertive that has the potential to engulf light and delicate dishes. It has high levels of alcohols that do not pair well with spicy foods. This wine is available at Sula Vineyards, York Winery, Chateau d’Ori, Vintage Wines, Zampa Wines and Vallone.
- Sparkling Brut or Sparkling Wines: The classic example of Sparkling wine is “Champagne”. As we all know, Champagne instigates the journey of great love affairs or even considered as a mark of celebration for our glorious combatants. It is usually white or rose. The sweetness of sparkling wine can range from very dry “brut” styles to sweeter “doux” varieties. Sparkling Wines, with lower carbon dioxide pressure, gives you an additional creamy mouth-feel rather than a fizzy one. This wine is available at Sula Vineyards.
What’s happening in Nashik is nothing short of a revolution in wines and wine making, and movement can only gather momentum. Francis Bacon best compares wine with a series of ageless companions as: “Age appears to be best in four things; old wood best to burn, old wine to drink, old friends to trust and old authors to read.” So buck up you old friends, celebrate old friendship with wine and sugary giggles.
I was always an avid reader and was always keen on writing.
I am an optimist and a go-getter. I like to rely on my instincts majorly. Love to travel. Music is always on my mind.Comical and fiction stories interest me more than anything else.
I hope to make a difference with my writing!!
Latest posts by Aanchal Madan (see all)
- SSK: A Solitaire indeed!! - August 3, 2015
- False alarm of an unidentified bag sends jitters to Nashikites - July 29, 2015
- Nashik based Ashwin Kandoi developed a hi-tech entertainment app ‘Moovah’ - June 16, 2015